Pages

Monday 6 December 2010

Brother & His Girlfriend

Dream By AJ – Short and sweet. No small little tid bits I can remember really.  Fast forward to about five years in the future. My current girlfriend and I are married as is my brother and his.

My girfriend and I are visiting my brother and his girlfriend and they have a baby. The dream spans over two months and at the end of the two months (and the dream) I finally realize that my brother’s child is my nephew and I am the uncle and it shocked the hell out of me; like an epiphany of some sort.


Then I wake up. Probably really nothing too deep on this one, but I thought I’d give it a whirl and see if anyone had some insight! Thanks!

Reply By Sowelu – Well… two phrases came to mind in reading your post: Responsibility by association Everything is relative I don’t know how you perceive your brother, but perhaps he’s a prime example of something you think or do too – thoughts, beliefs, behaviors or attitudes ‘masculine’.

 His girlfriend ‘feminine’ may represent the emotional motivation behind those thoughts, beliefs, behaviors, etc. What that combo produces, symbolically seen as the child of these two forces coming together in the dream, is something you, too, are connected to or responsible for.

I got the sense that it might be a dream bringing an idea to your conscious mind that you hadn’t really thought about before, or at least not quite in the intimate way you’re opening to now. Somehow, through no action of your own, you can suddenly find yourself with intimate ties to something you didn’t plan or actively create yourself, in life. It almost had the feeling of “what does this truly mean?”… What depth of understanding can you manage to glean from such a metaphor?

The idea of all of us, in a sense, being our brother’s keeper came to mind, as well. Not in the sense that we should attempt to control or enforce anything with those around us, but that, by association or even non-action, we can become responsible for the creations produced by the people around us.

If we’re not comfortable with that idea, perhaps we should make changes for ourselves, disassociate with certain lines of thinking or certain behaviors that others do around us, maybe. If it produces a positive feeling, perhaps actively supporting certain beliefs or actions that we see others around us involved with would be appropriate.

If you’ve observed certain damaging or negative things or formed negative opinions about some aspect of your brother’s relationship, this dream may also be intimating that you’re on a similar path as he and may well end up with a similar responsibility as a result, eventually.

Just some thoughts, none too strong, I’ll admit, but your post caught me, so I gave it a shot. Take what fits, toss the rest!  Blessings to you in discovering the life meaning in your dream messages!
Namasté, Sowelu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog