Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Taxi Driver

Dream by Kristina -  In the dream, I am in a taxi coming home from a trip to a house I was renting a room in. I am thankful everyone will be gone to work or school and I will have peace and quiet. The cabbie is a blond guy that is flirting with me. But I am too tired to flirt back even though I think he’s cute. As we pull up the driveway is extremely short and he only has room to pull up kinda sideways in the drive and on the side of the road to let me out.


I ask him how much I owe him as I am getting out and I pull out a ten and a one. I hand him the ten and I repeat “how much?” He says “nothing” as he pockets the ten. At first I think he’s taking my change as a tip without asking. Then I see him zero out the meter and I ask again how much” and he says “double zero!…. nothing!” so I realize my fare was more than the ten and he just gave it to me and cancelled the charge – but kept the ten for a tip for doing so.

So I walked in the screen door. The entry went straight into the kitchen and was cramped with furniture and stuff. I walked my suitcase through the narrow path from the front door past the kitchen table (old sixties style). Then I heard a noise like someone had followed me in and I remembered I didn’t lock the door behind me.

So I walked back to the door and it was wide open. So I peeked into the room (unused dining room parlor style) it was dark and there was a large dark wood table in the center and a large hutch (dark wood) but facing me right to the right of the entrance was the shirts the cabbie was wearing only they were filled out and standing like they were alive.

There was no body but it was shaped like a body only the end of the shirt was on the floor like it was standing. It was a peachy – cream tshirt with a peach button down shirt that had rose colored thin stripes in a plaid pattern. So I looked at it and thought he’s in here. Then I walked back out thinking maybe he’ll rape me and I’ll have sex. Then I thought maybe I should let him know I want to have sex so he doesn’t get rough or try to hurt me.

I turn around and there are a pair of jeans standing behind me. They are standing like there is someone wearing them only its just the jeans. I tug on the waist band to make sure its empty and realize I am being paranoid – no one followed me in and the cabbie is long gone.

So I go upstairs into my bedroom. I sit on the end of my bed and decide I need to take a nice long shower to rest up from my trip. I get undressed and all of a sudden a lady opens my door. I quickly grab a towel off of the floor (white) and wrap myself. She seems like it was nothing to infringe on her tenants privacy cause its her house. She says something I don’t understand or care to.

I walk into the bathroom. It is very large and completely tiled with a bright light vivid blue walls and floor and there is accent trim tiles that are bright yellow. It too is cluttered and messy but I love the room anyway – thinking if it were mine how nice it would be to have all clean and private.

I step into the shower area which is the same as the bathroom except you step over a small ledge to the side of the room with a drain hole in the center. I pull the shower curtain shut (white but not vivid) it pulls across the width of the room. I wash my hair and put it in the towel and as I am about to wash my body the dog that was sleeping on the other side of the shower starts to fall off his bench cause he is sleeping too hard.

I run over there and he won’t wake up and keeps sliding back down when I boost him back up. So I carry him over to the bed on the right end of the shower. I set him on the bed and he promptly drops back into a deep sleep. I walk back over to the water and then the lady walks into the bathroom just talking away putting towels away oblivious to the fact I want privacy.

She is apologizing for the smallness of her house and saying she wished she could get rid of the dump. I think I love the house and wish I could ever afford to buy it from her and have it to myself. Then she and someone else see the dog sleeping on the bed (the spread on the bed is the same one that is on my daughters bed right now that was given to me years ago) and they walk over and sit down petting it and asking me how my trip was.

I am wearing my towel on my head from washing my hair and I have a towel I found in the floor wrapped around me to cover. I have matts of wet dog hair and dog food stuck on my hands and I can’t get it off. I am shaking my hands and it won’t move. If I grab it with one hand it only sticks from one to the other I can’t seem to get it to drop to the ground.

Finally I wipe my hands on the towel wrapped around me and think “oh well this towel was already dirty and I have my clean towel still for after my shower…if they would just get the picture I want privacy and leave!”

Thanks Kristina

Interpretation By Sowelu – Hi Kristina! Wow. This is one enormously message-filled dream! My sense is that you have been searching for the why behind certain things that occur in your life, and this dream gives some ”straight-poop” about what occurs and why. Excellent source of information about how to proceed, it seems to me. As with any interpretation, recognize that this is simply my view, based on what I’ve learned, and may or may not work for you. Take what fits, toss the rest.

You Wrote: “I am in a taxi coming home from a trip to a house I was renting a room in. I am thankful everyone will be gone to work or school and I will have peace and quiet. The cabbie is a blond guy that is flirting with me.”

The start of this dream indicates your life is in a transition in some way. Taxi’s are often indicative of a temporary identity, a place of transition. Renting a room in a house, too, points to a temporary situation in life, and can indicate karmic circumstance, or something you planned for this life (prior to incarnating).
It seems that your trip may be a reference to the idea that you’ve been exploring self in new ways, and perhaps just  experienced one of your chosen life lessons. Again, something you planned to go through in this life. And now that you’ve been through it, you’re looking forward to some quiet time, some rest and relaxation after that trying period.

The taxi driver may symbolize the thought patterns or actions (masculine energy) that bring you back to yourself, after your recent life lesson experience. Blond indicates ”light-filled” thoughts, those of a higher awareness. The flirtation may point to the idea that you were drawn to some new understanding as a result of your recent experiences.

You Wrote: “But I am too tired to flirt back even though I think he’s cute. As we pull up the driveway is extremely short and he only has room to pull up kinda sideways in the drive and on the side of the road to let me out.”

My sense of your not having the energy to flirt back is that while you find these new ways of thinking or behaving attractive and worthy of attention, you’re just not ready yet to invest much energy in them. For now, it’s enough that they exist.

Driveways often point to transition again, only this time from outer life to inner life… and back out again. In other words, the point of contact between the real you and your persona worn for the world. It seems you don’t put on much of a persona, OR you allow the world to invade your space and define you more than is considered “normal” (short driveway).

Having to pause in a sideways position to your home in order to let you out of the cab seems to indicate that your temporary life status is not quite in line with your true self’s ideal, but it’s workable for now.
You Wrote: “I ask him how much I owe him as I am getting out and I pull out a ten and a one. I hand him the ten and I repeat “how much?” He says “nothing” as he pockets the ten. At first I think he’s taking my change as a tip without asking.”

Asking how much the cab ride cost may indicate your desire to understand just what your recent life lesson cost you, as if there is some loss associated with it (money is energy). You have the ability to pay with “unity” (both the 10 and the 1 equate to new unity in self, numerologically). The implication here is that there was no true “cost”, your recent life lesson affords you a new sense of unity in self, and a new unity with life on the whole.

His response of “nothing” seems to bear out the idea that there was no real cost to you. You offer him the ten before you get a response, indicating a willingness to pay your own way in this life, though you also want to pay what’s due and no more. This entire scene has the feel of karma as well.

Having your ten taken, and remember he represents a masculine part of you, may indicate that there was indeed an exchange between your feminine and masculine aspects in order to learn this latest life lesson, but no true “cost” or loss. Suspecting he is taking your money without asking for a tip indicates a potential that you still distrust some aspect of your masculine self, but are still willing to try communicating.

You Wrote: “Then I see him zero out the meter and I ask again “how much” and he says “double zero!…. nothing!” so I realize my fare was more than the ten and he just gave it to me and cancelled the charge – but kept the ten for a tip for doing so.”

This piece seems to indicate that you cleared quite a bit of energetic issues in this recent experience/life lesson, and while it could have cost you quite a bit, what you learned from it more than compensates for whatever your part in the ordeal was. And you have a new level of communication and exchange occurring between your masculine and feminine aspects.

I have no idea if you’ve recently gone through something in your daily life that was difficult, but it seems to be the case from this dream. And the message is that you are no longer in debt to anyone involved, your part was played beautifully and you are in the clear. The double zero may be an indication that you’ve also opened to some new creative energy as a result of what you’ve recently gone through and cleared within.

You Wrote: “So I walked in the screen door. The entry went straight into the kitchen and was cramped with furniture and stuff. I walked my suitcase through the narrow path from the front door past the kitchen table (old sixties style).”

Doors indicate opportunities for self-discovery. Screens indicates there is little blocking this discovery for you. Entering directly into the kitchen indicates that this opportunity for self-discovery is a way of preparing for nurturing or a new life direction that will “feed” you in a nourishing manner.

The furniture in the kitchen, however, indicates that there are beliefs, ideas and attitudes that surround you, are part of your self-definition, that seem to be cramping your style, so to say. These beliefs idea and attitudes get in the way of properly nourishing yourself from you inner well, it seems.

Suitcases indicate emotional baggage, issues that you’ve been carrying around that need attending. Tables often indicate daily activities, and can sometimes point to things you’re contemplating, negotiating your way through at the present time. They seem to be things that stem from the past (60′s style).

All in all, it seems that so far you’ve learned from this dream that you’ve just come through a portion of life that was trying but that you’ve learned a great deal from, which has enabled you to move forward. In this transition to the new, you’re discovering what lies within that holds you back.

I get the sense that the trip and drive home point to an ”outer life situation” that you’ve come through or ended (maybe a tumultuous relationship, business or personal, or something of that nature), and now you’re facing the places in you, where your part in the recent outer situation stemmed from.We create situations/relationships in our lives over and over based on what lies hidden within. So you’re beginning to see what you hold within that needs to be addressed, that used to serve to create situations like the one you just ended.

You Wrote: “Then I heard a noise like someone had followed me in and I remembered I didn’t lock the door behind me. So I walked back to the door and it was wide open. So I peeked into the room (unused dining room parlor style) it was dark and there was a large dark wood table in the center and a large hutch (dark wood) but facing me right to the right of the entrance was the shirts the cabbie was wearing only they were filled out and standing like they were alive.”

Locks indicate a need to close off, shut off a part of self. In this scene you’re realizing that there is something within that you’ve shut away in your life to now, and this something is now exposed to a degree it wasn’t before, leaving you feeling somewhat vulnerable. Entering this house is a metaphor for exploring self. Whatever you are used to locking away or hiding from the rest of the world is now ”wide open” and leaving you feeling threatened or vulnerable.

Dining rooms point to sustenance, nurturing and fellowship in your life, and it seems you’ve been lacking these (unused). The darkness in the room and the furniture may indicate that you don’t realize you refrain from these activities in your life, or that you refrain from them due to some fear.

The hutch and the shirts seem related, symbolically. Both might be considered “chests” in a sense, and both are empty or unused. Chests are typically indicative of stored treasures within, and in the body they indicate the heart or love center of the body. All that exists of the body type of chest symbol, however, is the cover for one, the protective layer. This seems to be in part an explanation for the lack of fellowship and sustenance and nurturing in your life.You’ve been protecting your heart in some way, which leaves you “heartless”, though likely appearing to be loving and heart-filled.

You Wrote: “There was no body but it was shaped like a body only the end of the shirt was on the floor like it was standing. It was a peachy – cream tshirt with a peach button down shirt that had rose colored thin stripes in a plaid pattern. So I looked at it and thought he’s in here.”

The standing shirt seems to indicate the message that “this is how it stands” currently, and the description of colors indicates change is needed: The peach and cream may indicate the surface appearance you give off regarding your feeling self, your heart. “Everything’s peachy keen” type thing, as well as “peaches and cream” concepts, indicating natural, healthy, normal.

In fact, however, the plaid indicates that this is a pattern of camouflage that needs to be broken out of in order for the heart of you to blossom. Any pattern design in clothing in a dream typically indicates a limiting, restricting pattern of behavior, thought and emotional allowance that maintains a “stuck” feeling in the dreamer’s life.

The rose color as a thin stripe within the plaid pattern indicates that there is a patterned manner of loving that’s at issue. Often this indicates more codependent love relations than healthy, open and free love relations. Seeing this and surmising that “he’s in here”, if “he” indicates a mental or behavioral aspect of self, may indicate that you’ve identified the place in you where this tendency to protect your heart comes from. Beliefs, attitudes, ideas about loving – perhaps based in experience or learned through modeling – that are ready to be discovered.

You Wrote: “Then I walked back out thinking maybe he’ll rape me and I’ll have sex. Then I thought maybe I should let him know I want to have sex so he doesn’t get rough or try to hurt me.”

This thinking scene is important to the self-discovery going on. You’re learning the thought patterns that live inside that respond to the possibility of merging with masculine energy. It’s likely (the first thought) to be a power thing (rape is about masculine domination over feminine energy - or the mind dominating over the feeling self when talking about self-contained energies) in your mind (this is key to the protective tendencies you live from, as indicated later). OR, if you choose to communicate with this part of self that you DO want merger, perhaps you can avert or avoid the need for harm.

The merger of our own inner energies, the masculine and feminine, is key to how we relate to others in this world. Particularly in intimate relationships, but also in all other types of relating that goes on. When we can find our way to a harmonious merger of our own masc. and fem. within, our outer relationships will reflect that harmony. It seems you’re just beginning to recognize that through expressing your feelings honestly, you can generate a healthier relating pattern.

You Wrote: “I turn around and there are a pair of jeans standing behind me. They are standing like there is someone wearing them only its just the jeans. I tug on the waist band to make sure its empty and realize I am being paranoid – no one followed me in and the cabbie is long gone. So I go upstairs into my bedroom. I sit on the end of my bed and decide I need to take a nice long shower to rest up from my trip.”

Once you make this first discovery, you see there is another part of self to contend with. Jeans are the protective cover of the lower part of the body, particularly the 2nd chakra. Here, too, we see that there is nothing truly inhabiting this cover, indicating that you are not “there” either, butinstead simply protect self. The 2nd chakra deals with relating in the physical world – any type of relating from male/female to one’s relationship with money, self-power in the world-at-large, creative energy, etc.

Tugging on the waist band may point to “jogging your awareness” in the 3rd chakra, which is the place in self where fear for self lives. It seems you’re encouraging yourself to recognize that your fears are for naught, and to move on with your growth. Moving upstairs after this recognition that your fears are unfounded implies that you did get the message here.

Upstairs indicates going higher in one’s self energies, to higher thoughts, ideals, and the heart. Bedrooms indicate the intimate place in self that deals with inner communion (with spirit) for rest and rejuvenation, dreams for guidance, and connecting to one’s sexual feelings.The realization you have when you get to this intimate inner space in self is that you need to cleanse from your recent experiences (shower), and give yourself some needed rest and rejuvenation.

You Wrote: “I get undressed and all of a sudden a lady opens my door. I quickly grab a towel off of the floor (white) and wrap myself. She seems like it was nothing to infringe on her tenants privacy cause its her house. She says something I don’t understand or care to. I walk into the bathroom. It is very large and completely tiled with a bright light vivid blue walls and floor and there is accent trim tiles that are bright yellow.

Once you realize the need for cleansing and rest, you set out to strip to what’s essential (bare yourself) and it’s then that you encounter a feeling that needs to be cleansed. It literally intrudes on you when you start to take care of yourself through preparing for cleansing. So you’re shown what needs to be cleansed.
And what you identify is a sense of needing to protect yourself, for one (covering up with a towel). You also see a part of self that does not respect boundaries (your own, particularly – many of us have this issue as the foundation of why we get hurt by others in relationships).

It seems this is the cause of your need to protect, you set yourself up. She represents a part of you, and this part of you “owns the house you live in”, indicating that at least for now this is the dominant emotional issue to contend with. This inability to properly set and maintain your own personal boundaries, and honor your feelings, which causes you to feel vulnerable to others and in need of protection.

Again, she represents a part of you and you don’t quite understand her, nor do you appear to want to. Understanding that she represents a cause for putting on armor in your life, it seems there’s a message here to pay attention to what she tells you, but you’re not yet willing to truly learn about this part of self. Without a real understanding of this emotional trigger in self that causes the need to protect, you go about attempting to cleanse.

Bathrooms indicate cleansing or letting go of the old. This one is spacious, indicating that you have a the room in your life to do this now, with a certain amount of freedom. Tiles again indicate a protective covering, as well as a coldness and inflexibility (which was just indicated by your lack of desire to understand a part of self, as well). Tiles also represent the concept of “patterns” once again, indicating that this pattern of self-relationship is what needs cleansing.

The blue, too, represents a coldness and the yellow represents fear. So in many different ways, this dream is alerting you to what needs cleansing in self at this time, and again, it comes after a recent experience that you finally chose to put an end to. Whether or not there has been an actual end to the outer life situation yet, it IS done with in your within. The decision has been made, and it is this decision that has enabled all of this valuable input from your guidance in this dream.

You Wrote: “It too is cluttered and messy but I love the room anyway – thinking if it were mine how nice it would be to have all clean and private. I step into the shower area which is the same as the bathroom except you step over a small ledge to the side of the room with a drain hole in the center. I pull the shower curtain shut (white but not vivid) it pulls across the width of the room.”

The cluttered and messiness indicates the inner emotional state that causes the need for protection, once again, and yet you still find it quite pleasing. It IS yours, and you’re telling yourself in this scene that you would appreciate the spaciousness and beauty within, without the old self-dirt and clutter. So cleansing does indeed appeal to you.

There is still a small barrier to doing this cleansing despite the recognition that you would enjoy living with a cleansed self (small ledge to step over into shower), however. And so even in your cleansing process you remain protective (shower curtain), though you do recognize the drain on your energies that it causes for you.
You Wrote: “I wash my hair and put it in the towel and as I am about to wash my body the dog that was sleeping on the other side of the shower starts to fall off his bench cause he is sleeping too hard.”

Washing hair indicates clearing your head of thoughts that no longer serve you, washing away beliefs and attitudes. Putting a towel on after washing indicates that there are still protective thought patterns that remain, but don’t forget some cleansing has been done.

The dog likely symbolizes your body-self, incidentally. Dogs are symbolic of the masculine aspect of self, which pertains to our thoughts AND our “doing self”, the form that enables our energies to have impact, presence and manifesting abilities here in the physical world. Often driven by ”natural instinct” that is based in a physical world awareness.

So as you are about to cleanse your body, you see a symbolic representation of it outside of you, indicating a certain level of separation in self, a disconnect of some kind between your inner, intimate self-awareness, and your outer expression of self in the world. Sure enough, the dog is shown “hard asleep”, indicating a lack of conscious awareness of something regarding your outer expression in the world.

My sense is that you don’t really see or understand your impact on the world-at-large. You don’t understand the persona you present, as though you are disconnected from your behavioral self. Again the idea of protection comes in, as dogs are natural protectors, instinctively on the alert at all times. This is what it seems you don’t realize in action in yourself. And being asleep to this fact about you has a tendency to cause you harm before you understand what’s happened.

You Wrote: “I run over there and he won’t wake up and keeps sliding back down when I boost him back up. So I carry him over to the bed on the right end of the shower. I set him on the bed and he promptly drops back into a deep sleep. I walk back over to the water and then the lady walks into the bathroom just talking away putting towels away oblivious to the fact I want privacy.”

And it seems that even after you “fall” in life, or get harmed from this behavior you’re asleep to, you don’t seem to really see it. You don’t wake up to the idea that it starts in you. So you make efforts to get yourself in a better position in life, do certain things to prop yourself back up, but you fall yet again and never quite get that the falling is due to the fact that there’s something in you that causes the whole situation that you haven’t yet discovered.

You then see another way of saying all of this to you. In a sense, taking the dog to the bed is a metaphor for withdrawing into self. Rather than “going within for communion to gain understanding”, you go into a deeper state of unconsciousness when you “go within”. It’s a form of escape rather than discovery, in other words.

This feels to be a repeating pattern that you’re now being given input on, likely because you’re ready to make changes in this habitual behavior. Sure enough, as though you’re ready for it, this woman (emotional part of self) shows up yet again, showing you the boundary ignorance, the lack of respect for yourself.
This is a key piece to how you set yourself up in relationships of any kind, because it is the relationship in yourself that is at issue. What exists within us is the energy used to create our relationships, experiences and life events in the outer world.

This time, the woman is showing you what to do, however. Put away the towels (protection). Let go of the need to hide from yourself within, take an open and good look at your emotional self without protecting or hiding in the old ways, and you will uncover the root cause of the self-disrespect.

You Wrote: “She is apologizing for the smallness of her house and saying she wished she could get rid of the dump. I think I love the house and wish I could ever afford to buy it from her and have it to myself. Then she and someone else see the dog sleeping on the bed (the spread on the bed is the same one that is on my daughters bed right now that was given to me years ago) and they walk over and sit down petting it and asking me how my trip was. I am wearing my towel on my head from washing my hair and I have a towel I found in the floor wrapped around me to cover.”

She even gives you a hint of what lies under the self-disrespect. It appears she’s letting you know that you have feelings of being “small”, less than you could be. Low self-worth is a common underlying feeling for not respecting our own personal boundaries in self. For allowing ourselves to be walked on by others because we walk on our own feelings.

When the truth of those deep feelings are aired, we usually get an “aha” as to the original cause (most often stems from childhood experiences), and we can then teach ourselves new self-loving behaviors, thought patterns and feelings.

Again, she’s describing underlying issues that cause self-negation, and you are revealing seemingly opposed, yet also present feelings of actual self-love. This presents a conflict in the emotional body. In order to truly fulfill the “thinking you love the house (self)”, the “dump” feelings must be fully addressed and released.

(I’m amazed at how descriptive your guidance is in this dream, you obviously have some tremendous support for your healing!) You see that the protection on the bed is something that stems from childhood, and it is this that your conscious self is unconscious to, or unaware of. There is a not just a layer of protection borne in childhood, but a living level of you today that acts as another layer on top. This is what you hide from within, that the woman, through her repeated intrusion, appeals to you to recognize and reveal.

The two of them indicate a need for balance (2) in this area. They also show you that being tender and caring to yourself as you go through the revelatory healing process is important. They also encourage that you express your feelings regarding all of your experiences, and starting with the recent ended situation is a route to take that will help.

Revealing even just to ourselves, all the feelings and thoughts and issues that were experienced in a situation is a way we start healing those very things in self. This is the form of self-love required at this time. Don’t bottle it up, express it all, with a generous and loving attitude toward yourself while you do.

Again, however, we see that you remain in protective mode when urged to reveal your thoughts and feelings regarding your life experiences (towels). This helps you understand what’s going on inside at the time of the dream, but is not meant as any kind of judgement or predictive statement. It simply lets you know that you’re still feeling vulnerable and a need to protect, while at the same time recognizing anew a need to heal through expression and revelation.Looking back over much earlier experiences is indicated as a helpful path of self-discovery, though it seems you hold reluctance within toward this idea.

You Wrote: “I have matts of wet dog hair and dog food stuck on my hands and I can’t get it off. I am shaking my hands and it won’t move. If I grab it with one hand it only sticks from one to the other I can’t seem to get it to drop to the ground.”

This piece is again simply a way of showing what remains to be dealt with, offering the idea that you are “emotionally stuck on protection” (wet, matted dog hair). The addition of dog food implies that this is a way you’ve tended to nurture yourself, which helps you understand why you’re stuck on it. Simply, it has helped you feel safe and acted as a form of self-love in the past.

You Wrote: “Finally I wipe my hands on the towel wrapped around me and think “oh well this towel was already dirty and I have my clean towel still for after my shower…if they would just get the picture I want privacy and leave!””

You finally place the mess caused by the unconscious need for protection where it belongs, which is on the behavioral cover. This implies a need to recognize that you take actions in life that seemed to have served to protect you, but which actually add another layer of “stuff” onto yourself-image that will need cleansing. Notice you have yet to take that full body shower…

And you’re also shown how you plan ahead in life to maintain a layer of protection (projecting ahead and armoring yourself against possibilities), which again stems from a deeper issue of not having honored some old emotions that are at the root of all of this. The older emotions are what cause the lack of self-respect, which leads to others not respecting you, which leads to a constant sense of a need to protect yourself in various ways, which keeps you unaware of that deep layer at the center of it all.

Whew! That was some dream! Lots and lots of helpful input about what’s happened, why and what to do about it. Again, this is my take, discern for yourself if it has value to you. Blessings to you in discovering the life meaning in your dream messages!

Namasté, Sowelu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog