Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Dream Teeth Falling Out

Dream By Danshea – Any thoughts about this dream I had last night? I occasionally dream in third-person, where I’m watching myself. This dream alternated between first- and third-person.

It’s my wedding day, and I’m getting ready. Putting on a powder-blue, frilly tuxedo. My teeth start to fall out; no blood, they just get loose and come out. I spit them into my palm. I only lose my lower teeth, and predominantly on the left side of my mouth.


I remember (in my dream) previously having had dreams where my teeth fall out; this worries me since I think (in my dream) that if I’m remembering a dream, this must be a waking experience, and I really AM losing my teeth. But it doesn’t worry me too much: since they’re my lower teeth, they won’t show in the pictures, and the wedding can proceed.

A little background: I actually am married, as of 6 months ago. Just started a new job, as of 2 months ago, which is stressful (steep learning curve). I’ve had probably 3 or 4 teeth-losing dreams over the past year; don’t remember having any before that. Thanks for any suggestions!

Reply By Dream Patient – Hello! The dream says that something happened inside you which was important with respect to your wedding.

Did you wear a blue frilly tuxedo? If not, was there someone else who did that you can remeber? If you did wear it, what did this tuxedo mean to you. Did you like it? Was it your choice? Did you feel “you” in it? The way you write this makes me intuit strongly that you disliked this jacket very strongly indeed.

Am I wrong to guess that someone else wanted you to get decked out in it and you felt you looked effeminate, not your true natural self? (These are definately my associations to your words. Your own real associations will tell you what this jacket meant to you.)

This piece of clothing, your dream says, is the thing that your ego does just before your teeth fall out. And so it is an important clue.

Teeth. We gnash our teeth or grind them when intensly frustrated. They powerfully smash food to bits for us so that we can take food into our softer body parts and turn it into nourishment for our entire body. They provide the barrier which allows us to talk and form words with our toungues. Toothless old people can’t speak well. They are incredibly strongly imbedded in our skull it feels like when you get one pulled out.
It means a lot to the body to not have its teeth. No food but liquids. No power to transform the outer world given to us so that we can use it for our own purposes, energy.No ability to form distinct words so that we can say what we mean.

All in all, teeth feel to me to be a very personal image of willful, transformative action. You suffered a real loss here around the wedding ceremony and its celebration, something also to do with the “powder blue frilly tuxedo”.

The left side of the body relates to the right side of the brain. Are these teeth specifically related to the right brain half of you! which I believe relates to images and feelings rather than logic and rational thinking?  If so, the loss of power is felt severely by this part of your brain.

Your ego does not register the loss to you and your life. It is worried about whether other people will notice your reduced powers. Your discomfort. How you are changed in your marriage? You are relieved that records and other people will not see these changes.

I wonder whether there isn’t something you feel you have had to give up in marriage which is really crucial to your personal power and which may be actually affecting your power to deal with the outside world easily, (your power to transform work into personal satisfaction and energy for you?)

Sometimes apparently little acts (like putting on a jacket?) can symbolize personally vital issues. Sometimes it is important to please one’s own likes and dislikes? There’s a lot of weight in a small dream sometimes!

Best of everything! Dream Patient

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog